As with all of our recipes, use this as a guide and feel free to give it your own personal touch.
- ½ Bottle of Bongo Sauce
- One 14 ounce can reduced sodium chicken broth
- One large avocado
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- One can of sweet corn or one freshly roasted ear of corn, stripped.
- Lime wedges
- Combine one can of chicken broth with ½ bottle of Bongo Sauce in a blender and blend until smooth, about 20 seconds.
- Add half of the avocado and blend for a few more seconds until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into a pot and stir in ¼ cup heavy cream
- Add seasonings to taste and stir – use whatever seasonings you wish. We like a ¼ tsp cumin, pinch of garlic powder and ¼ tsp green chile powder.
- Heat the soup until just before it reaches a boil and then simmer on low for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the desired amount of sweet corn to the soup. This adds some texture to the soup and balances the light spiciness of the soup nicely.
- Serve in a shallow bowl and top with the remaining chunks or slices of avocado. Dust the soup with a little cayenne pepper or New Mexico red chile powder for a finishing touch of spice and color.
- Finish the dish with a few squirts of fresh lime juice, if desired.