These super-simple tacos will drive your taste buds WILD! This recipe makes about 6 tacos
- One pound of 16-20 shrimp, shells removed
- Kelly’s Red Chile Spice Blend and Rub
- Olive Oil
- One Avocado
- Cilantro and Cherry Tomatoes
- One Lime cut in to wedges
- Taco-size corn or flour tortillas
- Cut each shrimp into two or three bite-sized pieces
- In a bowl, mix together about 4 tablespoons of the red chile blend rub with 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil to create a slightly thin paste. Place the shrimp in the bowl.
- Coat the shrimp liberally with the chile mixture and set aside to marinate for 15 – 30 minutes.
While the Shrimp is Marinating
- Chop the cilantro
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Cut open the avocado and mash it to make a simple guacamole. Sometimes we add our favorite seasonings and other times we just leave it as pure, mashed avocado. Squeeze a touch of lime on the smashed avocado to keep it from browning.
Cooking and Assembly
- Pour the marinated shrimp into a heated pan and cook on medium high heat for about 2-3 minutes per side. The shrimp will likely blacken some, which is good.
- While the shrimp is cooking heat your tortillas
- When ready to assemble spread the warm tortilla with the avocado mixture, then spoon in the desired amount of shrimp. Top with cilantro and a splash of lime juice. Add chopped tomatoes, if desired.
Add our Big-Flavor Red Chile Beans on the side for an extra treat.
NOTESThis recipe also works great with a firm white fish, like tilapia. Instead of pan searing, place the marinated tilapia on a foil lined pan, place pan on the grill and cook for about 5 – 7 minutes. No need to turn the fish during cooking. The top of the fish may not blacken, but the bottom side