Seasoned Taco Meat with Kelly’s Red Chile Spice Blend and RubIngredients
- One pound of ground meat
- ½ cup of red onion – chopped or diced
- 3 - 4 ounces of roasted New Mexico Green chile – chopped
- 4 tablespoons of Kelly’s Red Chile Spice Blend and Rub
- In a pot or pan cook the meat until fully cooked, drain well – set aside
- In the same pot add a little cooking oil and cook the chopped onion until the onion is translucent.
- Add the green chile to the pot and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the red chile spice blend to the onion and chile mixture in the pot and stir, cooking for about 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to expand.
- De-glaze the pan with 2 tablespoons of water, then add the cooked meat to the pot. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and bring meat back to full temperature.
This mixture will be highly flavorful with some heat. If you want it milder eliminate the green chile or use a mild green chile.
Fajitas and Other Variations
Kelly’s Red Chile Spice Blend and Rub is also terrific with chicken fajitas, fish and shrimp tacos, steak tacos, rubbed on ribs and more. Explore and experiment with your own creations!!
Instead of adding the chile mixture into cooked taco meat try folding it in with your hamburger meat before making the patty. You can even dust the outside of the burger with some additional red chile spice before taking it to the grill.